Netiquette

G’day Folks

Welcome back to my third post. YEAH!!!! With this third blog I will be explaining what netiquette is. Just before we hop into this I would like to explain what netiquette is. Netiquette is a list of rules you should follow when using the internet.

WRITING IN CAPITALS MEANS, THAT THE WRITER IS SHOUTING. PROPARBLY NOT A GOOD IDEA WHEN WRITING A EMAIL TO YOUR BOSS. Caps is a great tool to use as it is persuasive. Be careful as to when you use it and where because it can also be very rude.

Your such and idiot. Jokes. 🙂 That is an example of what not to say, when writing a blog, replying to a comment or when posting a comment. Avoiding sarcasm helps the readers understand what you are trying to say more clearly. This also can reduce the risk of someone taking your sarcasm the wrong way.

SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING SPAMMING. This is just plain annoying. Spamming is when you post a lot of unwanted stuff when commenting on other people’s blogs, videos or comments. This is uncool and is unfair to the people who want to ask questions and like or comment on their video. The writer or vloger is also effected as he/she wants to read others comments but can’t because other people think its’s cool to spam things that aren’t appropriate to the chat.

Respecting others involve all of the above. Letting people comment and ask questions is very important but as some people are selfish they deny those people that privilege. Respecting others privacy on social media is expected. Who wants a creepy guy asking a whole lot of weird questions about your life? No way!!!!

When you are writing a blog post it is vital that what you copy, you copy with absolute caution. This is because it may be another person’s work and I don’t think that they would appreciate you taking something and claiming it as your own. This is basically stealing. You wouldn’t go down to the store and steal their bread and say it was yours. It is essential that whatever you copy do it with CAUTION and always reference your sources.

Just for a little bit of fun I decided to chuck this one in here as everyone does this terribly wrong. USE APPROPRIATE EMOJIS. It isn’t hard to do at all. Like seriously who uses that crying face for something that’s funny. Everybody uses the winking face for saying I’m cool but NO that’s what the sunglasses guy is for. GEEEEEEEEEEEZE.

Thanks again

Please leave a comment and I would love to hear another netiquette rule from you guys.

Isaac

3 thoughts on “Netiquette

1. Hi Isaac,
    This post is a very good one. One thing you might add is a Padlet. A Padlet is a website that allows you to add a “poll” thing. It is free to create an account but you mustn’t do it without parent permission. For example, you could use it to ask people what their favorite emoji. Remember to visit the Student Blogging Challenge home page at least once every week.
    -Ethan